Sunglasses are an accessory put on the face, to offer protection from the sun or sunshine as they present the user with a stylish and comfortable look. Here are some tips on How to pick out the perfect pair of sunglasses for your face.
The sunglasses offer shields from ultraviolet radiation. The UV rays are not visible, and they can cause painful conjunctiva inflammation. Therefore, it is advised to pick glasses with good quality lenses to protect from injuries that may be caused to the eyes.
It should be noted that tinted lenses do not filter UV rays or protect the eyes at all.
When choosing glasses, observe the protection standard that is laid out by each country.
Quality of Sunglasses
Sunglasses made from counterfeits material can pass UV rays making it unhealthier to wear them. It is best to buy from original brands as you are assured of quality products.
When selecting quality sunglasses, observe the following three points.
• They have no stripes, illusions or insertions.
• The sunglasses should have even tint throughout.
• Bending or warping display a sign of low quality.
The Shape of Your Face
Like any fashion item, sunglasses lets you showcase your personality. To bring out the best coordination, the glasses style should be proportion to the shape of the face. Selecting sunglasses from a variety of choices may look like an impossible task. The three tips will help in making it easier when shopping for glasses.
• Circular or V-shapes are best for round faces.
• With a square face, a style that is in geometric forms and should be thin with disc-like or oval-shaped lenses.
• For rectangular faces, oval-shaped glasses allow the appearance to become fitting into any design perfectly.
To obtain the correct fit, glasses should be in proportional with the face as a large one will make the head look small or if the mount is small, it may injure the ears or the nose.
As we all have different shapes of the heads the right frame fit depend on the four points.
• The shape of the head
• Width of the Temple
• The distance between the eyes
• Ears position
The Dark-colored glasses such as black do not deform the color of the visual impressions, as with the other tints, the eye needs a certain response time to counterbalance the color.
• Gray lenses: They are highly recommended to be used while driving.
• Brown glasses: Best for nearsighted persons as they offer protection at all circumstances due to contrast balance.
• Green lenses: They protect from dazzling light.
• Yellow lenses: They enhance visibility in misty or low-light conditions.
• Blue lenses: They protect against the sunshine.
• Pink lenses: They aid in low visibility.
Size of Sunglasses
Glasses that are big protect and conceal the eyes well enough. It is important to cover the eyelids, both sides of the eyes, above and below so that bright light or the rays do not pass through. To get maximum protection of the complete structure, pick a wide and well-curved shape.